Chronic pain, Migraine, Sports Injury - Your Journey to Health Starts Here
On the initial consultation, your physiotherapist will take a history of your condition and conduct a physical assessment that is relevant to your complaint. The physiotherapist then will explain the findings and construct an appropriate treatment plan that will be regularly reassessed to provide the best possible results. If you are referred by your GP, make sure you will bring the referral and any relevant results of investigations or scans.
Please allow 60 minutes for your first consultation and wear comfortable clothes for your session.
If you hurt yourself at work and are claiming through WorkCover; are a Veteran’s Affair patient, or your Doctor gave you a care plan through Chronic Disease Management program, a referral from your Doctor is required. In any other circumstances, you can see us without a referral.
Yes, we do have HICAPS facilities and you will be able to claim your private health fund after your physiotherapy consultation. You will only need to pay the appropriate ‘’gap’’ fee depending on how much your insurance covers.
Yes. Many private health insurances pay a rebate for each physiotherapy session. We use HICAPS system to arrange direct funds transfer of your rebate on the spot.
There is free all-day parking directly on the Railway Avenue parallel to the clinic. We have private parking behind the clinic, where you can find one disabled parking space close to the back entrance. You can also find plenty of 2-hour parking on the streets around the clinic.
Our cancellation policy supports and respects the time commitment of our clients and our physiotherapist. We prefer it if you attend your appointment but if you are unable to, please give us at least 24 hours notice so we can fill your spot.
If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged 100% of the consultation fee. Please call our reception office to cancel your appointment. Thank you for your understanding.
Please also note that if you arrive late to your appointment, we will
WorkCover and TAC Payment Policy
Physiotherapy and Headache Centre is a privately-owned clinic that provides quality 30 – 60 minutes treatments to achieve the best results for all patients. As we are committed to the highest outcomes for our patients, we do allocate more time than what is covered by the insurance treatment framework. For these reasons, our clinic charges a gap fee for WorkCover and TAC services.
Please inform our reception if you will be treated under WorkCover or TAC claim before booking the appointment.
By booking your appointment you acknowledge and agree to the following conditions:
· You must provide evidence of claim approval and claim number before commencing treatments.
· A gap fee will be charged to you in accordance with the clinic’s full private fee. This fee needs to be paid in full on the day of your appointment. Please understand that WorkCover insurers do not cover the entire consultation fee.
· You will need to use your funds to pay the gap payment as you won’t be able to use your private health cover, Medicare card, or any other third party.
· If the insurer refuses or disputes any payments for a completed physiotherapy appointment, the patient is required to pay in full any outstanding payments within 7 days of our request.
· If you have any outstanding payments for your appointment, we will not complete or release any required medical reports until the payments are finalized by the insurer.
· You will receive proof of payment after each of your appointment as evidence in a claim for reimbursement.
· Consent is provided for the clinic to provide details of treatment to the WorkCover insurer or TAC as required.
You will require a Doctor’s referral to be able to claim under DVA scheme. All DVA appointments are bulk billed. Please give us a ring to book your appointment.
If your GP determines that you are eligible for a Medicare-funded Chronic Disease Management plan (CDM) he can allocate up to 5 physiotherapy sessions for you to use in 1 year period. On the day of your appointment, you will be required to pay a gap payment for a completed treatment and Medicare will reimburse you $53.85 back onto your debit card! This means that you are getting much higher reimbursements than private health insurance offer. Please give us a ring to book your appointment or to ask for more details.